1. Under the auspices of the European Draughts Confederation (EDC), Polish Draughts Federation (PZWarc.) will organize the 15th European Youth Championship.
3. There are following 8 separate tournaments in the context of 15th European Youth Championship will be played:
3.1. Juniors – Boys – boys born 1stof January 1994 or later;
3.2. Juniors – Girls – girls born 1stof January 1994 or later;
3.3. Cadets – Boys – boys born 1stof January 1997 or later;
3.4. Cadets – Girls – girls born 1stof January 1997 or later;
3.5. Mini cadets – Boys – boys born 1stof January 2000 or later;
3.6. Mini cadets – Girls – players born 1stof January 2000 or later;
3.7. European Hopes – Boys – boys born 1stof January 2003 or later;
3.8. European Hopes – Girls – girls born 1stof January 2003 or later.
4. Only the members of the national federations affiliated to the FMJD can participate. The players must have the citizenship of the Federation they represent or be members of this federation according to FMJD rules. EDC has the right to invite some players from new countries (never been members of FMJD).
5. There are 3 places for every national federation in each tournament. The following additional places may be given:
5.1. 1 additional place in each tournament may be given for the organizing federation (PZWarc.);
5.2. 1 additional place in each tournament may be given for the sponsors (independently of national federation membership of participant);
5.3. 1 additional place may be given for organizing federation (or for other federation at the suggestion of organizing federation) in case of odd number of participants in some tournaments.
6. Applications (only from national federations!) should be sent by e-mail to EDC (email@example.com) before June, 21 and contain the list of players in order of tournaments with full name, surname, date of birth, also the name of the official representative of national federation on the Championship. The 1st players in each tournament have to be marked in this list. Organizing federation (PZWarc.) also send application to EDC marked separately basic and additional players. In case of any problems the national federation should contact EDC directly. EDC has the right to not accept application, which is not meeting the above requirements.
7. Before the beginning of the Championship (at the July 31 evening) a preliminary meeting will be held by the Chief Referee who will expound the present regulations to players, directors and journalists.
8. Depending on the Chief Referee decision Swiss or round robin tournaments will be played. In case of unequal number of participants in some tournaments other tournaments’ systems can be used according the Chief Referee decision in consultation with EDC official representative. Chief Referee has the right to determine, that players from the same national federation have not to play between each other in a few last rounds depending on tournaments system and number of participants.
9. Time control 80’ + 1’ per move (Fisher system).
10. Final places determine according FMJD rules applying to corresponding tournaments system. Barrages should not be played. Only in case of all criteria of challengers for champion’s title will be an equal, barrage should be played (2 games with the time control 5’ + 3” per move (Fisher system) and if champion will not specified, then – games with time control 3’ + 2” per move till the first winning). Details will be announced by a Chief Referee after the consultations with EDC official representative.
11. On 7 th of August the Blitz Championship will be played. There is no limit to number of player from one federation in the Blitz Championship. Details will be announced by a Chief Referee after the consultations with EDC official representative.
12. There are National teams’ classifications in the context of the Championship and Blitz Championship will be determined.
12.1. National teams (teams of the national federations) results determine on the basis of individual results of players, who represent this national federation.Not more then 3 players’ results (according applications given by national federations official representatives before the beginning of the Championship) can be count.
12.2. 1st place give to the national team 70 points, 2nd place – 50 points, 3rd place – 40 points, 4th place – 30 points, 5th place – 20 points, 6th place – 10 points, 7th place – 9 points, 8th place – 8 points, 9th place – 7 points, 10th place – 6 points, 11th place – 5 points, 12th place – 4 points, 13th place – 3 points, 14th place – 2points, 15th and so on until the last place – 1 point.
12.3. If the number of points will be an equal, number of 1st places, than 2nd, 3rd and so on places decide.
13. In any other cases – FMJD rules decide.
14.1. medals for the 3 first places in each tournament (including Blitz Championship)
14.2. cups for the 3 first places in each tournament (including Blitz Champions)
14.3. diploma for the 3 first places in each tournament (including Blitz Championship)
14.4. cups for medallists in the National teams’ classifications (including Blitz Championship)
15. Financial conditions
15.1. Inscription fee 40 euro for the 1st player from federation in group and 10 euro for 2nd and 3rd.
15.2. 10 euro for each player in Blitz Championship
15.3. Inscription fees have to be paid before the beginning of the Championship. There are two possibilities to pay inscription fees. In case of bank transfer, money has to be transferred to the account of the EDC not later than July, 23 (1). Otherwise, inscription fees have to be paid in cash not later than July 31 (for participation in Blitz Championship – not later than August, 6) and it must to be agreed in advance with EDC by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
15.4. Organizers cover all hospitality cost for 1stplayers from each national federation in each tournament. 2nd, 3rd and additional players, also accompanying person pay themselves. Full accommodation during all Championship (including 3-time meals) is 700 PZL (100 PZL per person per day). There will be dinner at arrival day (31st of July), breakfast and lunch at the last day of competitions (7th of August).
Polish Draughts Federation
ul. Cukrowa 49/2
Business Identifier Code (Swift code): INGBPLPW
International Bank Account Number (IBAN): PL 22 1050 1559 1000 0091 3538 0898
16. Accommodation is possible only in places, provided by organizers. Hotels reservation should be made via the organizers before July,1. Email → email@example.com
17. The official web with more details will be open on June 15th with information (link) on EDC web- page.
(1) In case of bank transfer, please follow the instructions for making a bank transfer:
Beneficary: Estonian Draughts Federation
Address: Vene 29, Tallinn 10123, Estonia
Bank`s address: Tornimäe 2, Tallinn, Estonia
BIC (Swift code): EEUHEE2X
IBAN account no: EE44101022008 2550018